Muscles always fascinated me. Guess why? Because I was sick of being called skinny !
So the quest started!
I followed the GOMAD diet (in which one drinks insane amount of milk) , I tried to over eat as much as I can, I even ate junk. The milk gave me gas, and the junk gave me acnes.
So, now I was not only skinny, but also fat. That’s the worse one can get. A skinny fat body is like a vicious cycle.
Thus I have compiled below the weight gaining method, which I use now !
Blue print for Muscle Gain
- What’s your TDEE ? Man, I have memorised my TDEE !
- Lets assume your TDEE is 2500 calories. You need to consume more calories as compared to TDEE to gain weight. A standard template is to start the diet with excess of 300 cals. By that I mean, we will have to prepare the diet chart of 2800 cals (2500 + 300 cals).
- What should we eat in the diet? Our starting macro split would be that of a Zone Diet (40:30:30). I would recommend nutrient dense foods. Avoid junk and sugar as much as possible. This will ensure you gain maximum muscle and minimum fat.
- Stay consistent with the above diet for a week or two, and then depending on the progress adjust your macros and diet accordingly.
- Keep increasing calories (slowly) weekly. say 200-300 cals per week.
- If you find that in any week, you gained more than a kilogram, then you should probably decrease the calories. The idea behind Lean bulk is to minimize the fat gain.
- Focus more on compound exercises, like bench press, squats, dead-lifts, shoulder presses etc.
- Limit cardio to only one day per week.
- Do not waste money on Mass Gainers.
- Drink 4-5 liters of water.
- Try using creatine post workout with whey.
Interested in learning the Science behind Weight Loss?