This is going to be long! So brace yourself ! I guarantee, that it’s gonna be worth your time!
The Simple yet Elusive Question : “How to get started with the Fitness Journey ?”
If you are a complete beginner , come back here after reading this. Fitness blueprint for complete beginners !
Every action starts with a Goal in Mind. Imagine yourself as the best version of you. Human bodies are capable of achieving great feats. What do you think would it take to reach that pinnacle of physical dimension which you just imagined? Hard-work? Dedication? Perseverance? Knowledge? Discipline? Etc.
Yes right, It will take all of it and a lot more. But, it’s nothing to be worried about. Always remember…. Goals don’t become easy …. We Need to LEVEL UP ! Are you ready to Level up ? Read on.
Fitness is Science. The more we know, the better we will perform. To get to the next level, we need to know the science behind how to get there. If you think only pumping iron will get you that desired physique , I beg to differ. We spend an hour in gym (which is important), the rest 23 hours are spent out of the gym, we also need to know what to do in those 23 hours to reach our fitness goals. A good thing would be to read a lot about fitness.
Let’s get straight to the steps
- Analyze your body type << Body type >>
- Calculate BMR & TDEE << BMR & TDEE >> [BMR : Basal Metabolic Rate, TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure both are in calories]
- Now you know your body type & TDEE. Keeping your goal in mind calculate your daily calorie requirement.
- Select a dieting strategy. There are proven strategies like Low Carb Diet, Ketogenic diet, Zone diet, Moderate Carb diet, High Carb diet etc.
- So, Calories to be consumed are calculated, Dieting strategy is decided. It’s time to prepare your diet chart in accordance with the Goals now. [Make you Diet Chart]. Check this link to understand the intricacies.
Still with me?
I know your first scan was just a superficial read. I hope you understand that without a Goal oriented quantified diet plan, the fitness journey would be incomplete. So, I would strongly recommend making your own diet plan. You can post your diet plans on my FB page [ICANBEFITTER] and I will review them if you need.
A fitness program is incomplete without a good Workout program. Although any physical activity counts as a workout, be it running, cycling, swimming, football or any games etc, I would recommend Lifting weights. We can use other forms of activities to enhance the workout quality. So how would a sample workout program look like:
(Start you exercises after doing proper warmup , 5-10 mins treadmill walking or cycling or elliptical , 2-3 sets of pushups, 2-3 sets of pull ups and 2-3 sets of squats along with other stretching exercises )
[Try to do 3+sets of each exercise , and do around 10-12 repetitions per set]
Chest [Chest Exercises]
- Incline Bench Press
- Flat Bench Press
- Decline Bench Press
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Rope push downs
- Bar push down
- Lat pull-down
- Barbell Deadlift
- Dumbbell Rows
- Seated Cable Rows
- Barbell curls
- Preacher curls
- Hammer curls
- Concentration curls
- Front Squats
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Curls
- Calf Raise
- Hanging Knee Raises
- Decline Crunches
- Planks 3 sets x 1 min
Thursday : Rest Day
- Military Press
- Over head Dumbbell Press
- Arnold Press
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- Dumbbell Front Raise
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Fly
- Dumbell Shrugs
- Barbell Shrugs
Saturday: Any weak part you want to improve , say Arms + Abs.
Sunday : Rest, Very important !
Points to note:
- Form is very important.
- Never lift with your Ego, Start with comfortable weights and then increase weights as you progress. A good way to monitor the progress is “if you can lift a weight for 15 reps, it means you can increase few Kgs and go back to 10 reps”.
- Always seek advice from experienced lifters at your gym, they would be more than happy to help.
- Never Skip leg days.
- Always carry a towel with you, no one wants to use a sweaty equipment. Wipe your sweat after you are done.
- Arrange back the weights when done.
- Use supplements like supplements. Don’t make them your primary source of food.
I hope you have got a fair idea about how to kick start your Fitness Journey. To sign off I would say “ROME WASN’T BUILT IN A DAY” , Be consistent and give yourself time. Everyone’s body is different, what I achieved in 6 months might take you 3 months or even 9 months. Just stay faithful to the process and the process will take care of itself.
Stay Motivated m/
Although I have tried to explain the process in a straightforward way, but still if you feel that you do not want to spend time doing all the work, just because we can do it for a fee, then do drop us an email.See how we can help